How to set a custom user agent string with Remote Settings Control
User agent strings can be tedious to type on the iPad, so we have templates available for quickly editing this setting. To do this:
- In the app settings menu, scroll down to the Remote Management & Notifications category and select Remote Settings Control.
- Enable Remote Settings Control = On.
XML File Location =
- https://docs.kioskgroup.com/mobile.xml (for mobile Safari)
- https://docs.kioskgroup.com/desktop.xml (for desktop Safari)
- https://docs.kioskgroup.com/desktop-chrome.xml (for desktop Chrome)
- Run Kiosk Presentation.
These XML files contain only this user agent string setting and the settings to return the remote settings control to their default empty positions.
To test which user agent string a browser is returning or if you need to find a user agent string for a different browser, you can visit http://whatsmyuseragent.org or https://www.whoishostingthis.com/tools/user-agent for additional details.