Planning for the future
So you're all set up and ready to go with your shiny, new kiosk project. We know you're excited(!), but before you send everything out the door, take a few minutes to create a care package for the future you (or a co-worker taking over the project after you've moved on).
Right now, you've been focused on getting everything up and running and all the details are still fresh in your mind. I mean, seriously, how could you ever forget that passcode?
Trust us on this one. We've heard it time and again talking with users - six months or a year down the road, you may need to change something and all the details will be much more hazy. That care package with all the magic information could save you a lot of time and frustration.
Here's what we recommend including:
- the Apple ID's and passwords for each of your kiosks (you know you legally need a separate app license for each kiosk, right? okay, enough lecturing.)
- if you purchased licenses through Apple Business Manager, the Apple ID and password associated with that account
- any passcodes you've set on the devices if, for example, you are using an auto-lock passcode, Restrictions, or Guided Access.
- screenshots of your final app settings (how to take device screenshots) or a hard copy of your remote settings .xml file
- if you are storing the files locally on the device, a copy of the final set of files used
- a short note including anything out of the ordinary in app settings or content that might not be obvious to someone else picking up the project
- a link to our Knowledge Base - http://docs.kioskproapp.com
Once you've gotten everything in one place, you might want to add a piece of tape or label to the back of each device with a note detailing how to find this time capsule.
Consider it a gift to the future - you never know when it might come in handy.