Specific links are disabled [resolved]
There are several native iOS link behaviors that are not ideal for most kiosk deployments; these include:
- tel: phone links
- mailto: email links
- sms: message links
- touch callouts that can be used for functions like 'copy' and 'paste' or to display specific content on a page
- links to other iOS apps (which can be enabled in a case-by-case basis in Plus and Enterprise)
To keep visitors within the Kiosk Pro app environment, we purposefully screen and process links within the app to disable this native functionality.
Resolved, requiring changes to app settings as outlined below.
In our Basic, Plus and Enterprise versions, we've added two settings allowing you to toggle these link behaviors manually so they can be enabled or disabled as needed.
- Disable Tel: Links - when turned on (default), will disable tel: phone links
- Disable Touch Callouts - when turned on (default), will disable touch callouts.
Both of these settings can be found in the Advanced Options Settings and are enabled by default.
This issue affects devices running:
- Kiosk Pro Lite, all versions
- Kiosk Pro Basic, all versions
- Kiosk Pro Plus, all versions
- Kiosk Pro Enterprise, all versions