Custom User Agent String
Feature supported in:
Some websites use a method called user-agent sniffing to determine which browser visitors are using. This method is generally considered to be a bad practice since it can lead to errors being shown on unknown browsers.
If necessary, you can use this setting to provide a custom user agent string for Kiosk Pro to identify as, such as mobile Safari.
Default: blank, defaulting to the user agent string for the current version of WKWebView
If the website you're displaying in Kiosk Pro is showing different content or an error, you can try setting a custom user-agent string to resolve the problem. User-agent strings are pretty long, so instead of manually typing in the string, you can use a sample file on our website to update the setting.
To do this:
- In Kiosk Pro settings scroll down to the "Remote Management & Notifications" category
- Tap "Remote Settings Control"
- Enable Remote Settings Control = On
- Settings XML File Location = "https://docs.kioskgroup.com/mobile.xml" (for mobile Safari) or "https://docs.kioskgroup.com/desktop.xml" (for desktop Safari)
- Go back to the main menu and run the kiosk presentation
The file will update the Custom User Agent String setting and reset the Remote Settings Control settings to the default.
Values for Remote Settings Control & Managed App Configuration
- Included in version 6.0