What devices are compatible with Kiosk Pro?
All versions of Kiosk Pro are compatible with devices running iOS or iPadOS 12.5.6 or later.
iOS is the operating system used by iPhone and iPod Touch and iPadOS is the operating system for iPads. You can often update the iOS/iPadOS for free without getting a new device, although at some point Apple stops offering upgrades to the latest iOS/iPadOS on older devices.
If you have the option, we recommend selecting newer devices as they will have better overall performance and stability in this type of 24-7 use case.
As such, all versions of Kiosk Pro are compatible with:
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro: 6th generation (introduced in 2022), 5th gen (2021), 4th gen (2020), 3rd gen (2018), 2nd gen (2017), 1st gen (2015)
- 11-inch iPad Pro: 4th generation (introduced in 2022), 3rd gen (2021), 2nd gen (2020), 1st gen (2018)
- 10.9-inch iPad: 10th generation (introduced in 2022)
- 10.9-inch iPad Air: 5th generation (introduced in 2022), 4th gen (2020)
- 10.5-inch iPad Air: 3rd generation (introduced in 2019)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro: 1st/only generation (introduced in 2017)
- 10.2-inch iPad: 9th generation (introduced in 2021), 8th gen (2020), 7th gen (2019)
- 9.7-inch iPad: 6th generation (introduced in 2018), 5th gen (2017)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro: 1st/only generation (introduced in 2016)
- 9.7-inch iPad Air: 2nd generation (introduced in 2014), 1st gen (2013)
- iPad mini: 6th generation (introduced in 2021), 5th gen (2019), 4th gen (2015), 3rd gen (2014), 2nd gen (2013)
- iPod Touch: 7th generation (introduced in 2019), 6th gen (2015)
- iPhone: 5s and later
You will not be able to purchase or install new versions of Kiosk Pro on the original iPad, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation), original iPad mini, and generations of iPhone or iPod touch not listed above.
Features not supported on older iOS/iPadOS versions
WebRTC Permission Prompts
Content that uses WebRTC requests will trigger a system-level permission prompt. On devices running iPadOS 15 or later and Kiosk Pro 10.1 or later, the app will remember your permission choice. More information is available here.
Dropbox dropped support for their SDK on devices running an iOS older than 11.
Quick Link labels may overlap
In iOS 9.3.5, if there isn't enough space to display the complete text string set for labels of the app's Quick Links feature, the labels may overlap with the navigation bar icons. More information is available here.
Allow deprecated versions of TLS
This feature is supported in iPadOS 14 and later. More information is available here.