Purchasing multiple licenses through Apple Business Manager
In this article
If you are planning to purchase a large number of Kiosk Pro licenses, you can sign up for Apple Business Manager to easily purchase and distribute the app.
Enrollment is free. For a full list of countries where Apple programs are available, click here. While you must have a presence in one of the available countries, apps purchased through ABM can be assigned to users or devices in any country where the app is available.
- Volume Purchase: Buy as many licenses of an app as you need in a single purchase.
- Managed Distribution: You can distribute apps under your own profile. When apps are no longer needed by a user or specific device, they can be revoked and reassigned to a different one within your organization.
- Multiple Payment Options: Complete your transaction with a credit card. In certain countries, payment can also be completed through credits purchased from Apple Retail or an Apple Authorized Reseller, which can open up the option of payment via PO.
- Tax Exempt Status: Apple recognizes the tax status of educational organizations. If your organization is tax exempt, you can save money by buying through Apple School Manager.
Purchasing ABM license codes
Once you sign up for Apple Business Manager with an Apple ID, that ID can no longer be used on an iPad or iTunes to make purchases or redeem codes. In order to keep the purchasing ID and redeeming IDs separate, Apple will also not allow you to sign up for ABM with an Apple ID that has already been used to make purchases or redeem codes.
Once you have enrolled in ABM, you can sign in by going to business.apple.com and can immediately purchase multiple license codes of our standard App Store versions by choosing "Apps & Books" in the sidebar and searching for Kiosk Pro.
If the app does not show up when searching by name, which we've had reported by several customers and occasionally seen on our own account, you can also search using the App Store URL, which appears to work more consistently. The URLs for different versions of the app are as follows:
- Kiosk Pro Lite: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kiosk-pro-lite/id409906264
- Kiosk Pro Basic: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kiosk-pro-basic/id409918026
- Kiosk Pro Plus: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kiosk-pro-plus/id445701154
- Kiosk Pro Enterprise: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kiosk-pro-enterprise/id971374351
When you purchase through ABM, you have two options for distribution:
- Managed - your organization retains ownership and control of apps purchased through ABM. You can assign apps to users or specific devices and can revoke and reassign the apps as needed.
- Redemption Codes - permanently transfer ownership of each app license to an individual iTunes account through iTunes or Apple Configurator.
Using Managed licenses
With managed licenses, your organization retains ownership and control of apps purchased through ABM. You can assign apps to users or devices and can revoke and reassign the apps as needed.
Managed licenses requires the use of either Apple Configurator or a mobile device management (MDM) solution that supports managed distribution (like SimpleMDM). You'll need to talk to your MDM provider directly about their process for distributing these managed license codes.
Using Redemption Codes
To use ABM redemption codes you have purchased, you'll need to make a unique ID for each device to redeem a code or use Apple Configurator to assign licenses through an administrative Apple ID.
Note: It is not possible to use the Apple ID you associated with your ABM account to redeem codes. Once connected with the ABM, this ID is unique in that it can only be used to sign into ABM to make purchases. This ABM Apple ID cannot be used on an iOS/iPadOS device or in the desktop version of iTunes to authorize a computer.
You can create a new ID without associating a credit card and redeem a code at the same time:
- Create the ID at https://appleid.apple.com/.
- Verify the email associated with the ID.
- Go to iTunes on your computer.
- While in iTunes hit Ctrl + B to show the menu bar at the top of the pane.
- Go to Store > Authorize this computer...
- Authorize the computer for that ID, which will start a 'Hi, you've never been here before' sequence that asks you to verify your address and add payment information or a ABM or promo code. Adding one of the ABM codes provided should enable a 'None' option next to the credit card/Paypal options.
- You can then check that the license code successfully applied to the account by going to the Library button in the top left corner of the screen (will probably be on the default 'Music' tab), clicking on 'Apps' and confirming that Kiosk Pro is available. If it didn't download automatically, you can go to the home screen of the App Store in iTunes (Ctrl + Shift + H) and look under 'Purchased' in the right sidebar, find the app and click 'Download'.
To redeem a code on an existing Apple ID:
- Open the App Store app on a device associated with that ID.
- Tap the user icon in the top right.
- Tap "Redeem Gift Card or Code".
- Enter the code manually and tap "Redeem".