Storing content locally on the iPad
The Basic, Plus, and Enterprise versions let you store files locally on the iPad. This allows you to display content without having to worry about an internet connection.
Files must be stored in Kiosk Pro's documents folder. Apps are "sandboxed" by Apple, which means that an app can only access files stored in its own folder.
Linking to Locally Stored Files
Remote File Transfer Options for Plus & Enterprise
Transferring Files using Finder for Mac
- Start by connecting your device to the computer.
- Open Finder and select your iPad from the left sidebar.
- In the top navigation, click "Files" and look for Kiosk Pro in the list of apps.
- In a new Finder window, locate the files you want to transfer. Drag and drop the files onto Kiosk Pro.
To delete files, right-click on the file and choose "Delete". To download files from the iPad to your computer, drag and drop the file from this window into the location you want to save in another Finder window.
Transferring Files using iTunes for PC
- Start by connecting your device to the computer and opening iTunes.
- Access your device by clicking the iPad/iPhone icon that appears at the top left of the screen.
- In the left sidebar that appears, click 'File Sharing' and click on the version of Kiosk Pro you are using.
- Click the 'Add File...' button to transfer individual files to the iPad. If your content includes a folder structure, you'll have to drag and drop the files/folders into the Documents window. iTunes cannot unzip files so all files must be uncompressed prior to transfer.
- Disconnect the iPad and type the filename into the Homepage setting for Kiosk Pro. If a file is in the Kiosk Pro documents folder, that file can be accessed within the app without any additional file path. For example, if you stored a file 'index.html' directly in the Kiosk Pro documents folder and wanted to set that file as the app's Homepage, then in Kiosk Pro settings you would set the Homepage to 'index.html'.
To delete files, highlight the files you wish to delete and hit the 'Delete' key on your keyboard. To download files from the iPad to your computer, select the files you wish to download and click 'Save to...'.